Lead Removal

Showing all 2 results

Lead is a naturally occurring element found in small amounts in the earth’s crust. It is a highly lustrous, bluish-white element. Lead is soft and malleable, and also has a relatively low melting point. When freshly cut, lead is silvery with a hint of blue; it tarnishes to a dull gray color when exposed to air.

While it has some beneficial uses, it can be toxic to humans and animals, causing health effects. It has been used in a wide variety of products including gasoline, paint, plumbing, batteries, ammunition, cable sheathing, weights for lifting, weight belts for diving. It is often used to store corrosive liquids. Lead is heavy metal that is denser than most common materials.

Lead is a cumulative toxicant that affects multiple body systems and is particularly harmful to young children. Lead in the body is distributed to the brain, liver kidney and bones. It is stored in the teeth and bones, where it accumulates over time.